Do You Know the Characteristics of Your Ideal Client?March 17, 2010
Would you recognize him or her if she came up and began talking to you face-to-face? Make a list of these important factors:
- What size company do they work for?
- What sector do they serve?
- What geographic region are they in?
- What constraints must they be under to work with?
- What pressures are they facing, or how do they want to raise the bar?
- What conditions make them a fit for you and your work style?
Make it a point to know your ideal client’s profile. This will help you to focus your marketing efforts and outreach. But, even more important, you will be able to pick them out of a crowd and approach them yourself given the opportunity.