Ed Poll, World-class Law Firm ConsultantMarch 16, 2010
In this interview I speak to Ed Poll, a world-class consultant and inductee into Alan Weiss’s Million Dollar Consultant® Hall of Fame.
Edward Poll, J.D., M.B.A., CMC, advises law firms and their leaders on practice management, business development, and financial matters. He is a nationally recognized guide to profit. His advice has benefited national, regional, and local law firms. Ed is unique in that he has long-term experience in both business and law. Ed has practiced law for 25 years, was the CEO and COO of several manufacturing businesses, and has been a consultant to small and large law firms for 15 years. Ed is well-known for his extensive writing and publishing, providing high-value intellectual property to lawyers and law firms around the world.
In this conversation Ed talks about
- Reflections from his law practice of 25 years and teaching Entrepreneurship at UCLA & USC
- Lessons from the simple act of answering the phone
- Seat Power
- Helping legal practices succeed
- The evolution of his consulting practice
- His extensive writing and publishing