PowerMarketingDecember 29, 2009
PowerMarketing means excelling at reaching the people who want what you have to offer and can write the check to obtain it. Those who become adept at this consistently attract more buyers. This is because they have done an excellent job at reaching people who are ripe to become clients.
Here are five keys to PowerMarketing:
- Know who your buyers are. When you meet them, interview them to learn as much about them as you can: their concerns, where they congregate, what they read, what is important to them, what they want.
- Make it easy for buyers to find you. Every minute of every day there are people out there who are looking for you. Understand how they look for you and then position yourself in their line of sight, easy for them.
- Consistently, systematically conduct outreach. This means with unfailing regularity you conduct a comprehensive campaign to get in front of these people. Put it on your calendar. Make time for it with regular periodicity. Develop a rhythm that works for you over the long haul – one that you can maintain even when work is intense.
- Provide tools that your buyers can use instead of self-centered brochures and advertising. Instead of text, put something in their hands they can use to get the results they are looking for. This includes templates, assessments, frameworks, diagnostics, step-by-step instructions, and forms.
- Build a brand that pulls people to you like a magnet. When people are coming to you, you have a dynamic that you can work to generate the best possible results. When you are going to them, you are no longer in the driver’s seat and everything suffers: the quality of your results, their benefits, and your remuneration.
PowerMarketing is not getting the word out there or coming up with new plans to separate people from their money. Far from it. Instead, it is the regular, useful, essential communication that brings you together with buyers who want you. PowerMarketing is your ticket to bringing in more clients than you need.