Techniques to successfully engage CEOs and Executive Directors (Part 5)December 21, 2011
My last posts shared four of the five techniques to successfully engage executive clients: Preparation, Meeting Executives, Engaging Executives and Negotiating Value-Based Fees.
Step 5 is the final technique. It is Relationship Development. There are seven tactics for optimum growth. They include:
- Make it personal – never a group
- Send emails: individuals en masse
- Pick up the phone
- Make office appointments
- Send gifts and thoughtful pieces
- Drop by for conversations
- Initiate events of mutual benefit – for example, treat them to a meal or drinks to discuss issues they are facing and how you can help them.
This concludes my series on tips to successfully engage executive clients. I hope you find it helpful in growing your practice. Looking for additional resources? Visit my site for audio interviews, my mentor program and more: www.visionaryleadership.com