Amanda Setili, World-class Consultant, InterviewedFebruary 22, 2010
Amanda Setili, a world-class consultant and inductee into Alan Weiss’s Million Dollar Consultant® Hall of Fame, helps companies define winning strategies and figure out how to put the organizational capability in place to move reliably on achieving success. She is well known for enabling clients to align individual objectives in support of corporate strategic goals.
Prior to being an independent consultant, Amanda worked with McKinsey and Company. Before that she was an engineer with Kimberly-Clark.
In this interview Amanda talks about:
- Making the transition from working for McKinsey to working on her own
- Her annual client load
- Making the transition from time-based to value-based relationship
- The importance of proposal writing
- Helping the client establish objectives
- The investment a client makes in a consultant vs the investment within the organization
- Helping clients face facts and achieve gains
- Making the client the star